Depressive disorders affect almost 10% of the North American adult population age 18 and older in a given year, and about 25% of adults will have a major depression episode. It is projected that depression will be the second most burdensome disease after heart disease by 2020. Conventional medicine is adept at prescribing medications for depression, but not well versed at addressing the causes of depression or preventing this disease. Fortunately, naturopathic medicine is proving to be especially effective and safe in doing do.
Fully referenced and cited, this book is an academic text written in a familiar, relaxed style geared to teach physicians, psychologists and other holistically minded practitioners the basics regarding how to think about and treat low mood and depression disorder. It will also arm patients with all the information necessary support their doctors to effectively use natural medicines.
This book teaches:
- about medication use and how and when it is appropriate to avoid unnecessary medication
- how to use natural medicines safely with medications laboratory work ups useful for natural medicine treatment
- safe medication exit strategies
- natural choices for pregnancy, post-partum and breast feeding
- depression in children
- naturopathic hydrotherapy
- dietary supports
- Chinese Medicine and acupuncture
- about yoga and massage for depression
- history of depression
- basic definitions about natural medicine
- underlying causes of depression
To purchase this textbox visit the innersourcehealth.com website.